If you live or work in a community FilmLA serves, you deserve to know about upcoming filming before production trucks roll into your neighborhood.
That’s why FilmLA offers a Neighborhood Notification service, delivering timely Notices of Filming to nearby homes and businesses in person and by email. This service is paid for by film production companies.
FilmLA strives to distribute Notices of Filming as soon as film permit details are finalized. Usually, that means we are able to provide all affected neighbors with two days’ advance notice.
Each Notice of Filming includes details about the upcoming shoot, including a description of the scene to be filmed, anticipated street parking impacts, and more. Notices also include contact information for production companies and for FilmLA, so that we can troubleshoot potential problems before filming begins.
If you have a question about filming in your area, let us know. FilmLA staff are available 24/7 to discuss upcoming filming with you.
Areas serviced with e-Notification
Email offers a rapid, environmentally friendly way for FilmLA to keep neighbors informed about upcoming filming. FilmLA’s eNotification service is intended to supplement our standard Neighborhood Notification service in areas popular for filming. Use of this service is subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.
- Westwood Village Business District: Includes all areas covered by the area’s special filming conditions, bordered by Gayley Avenue, LeConte Avenue, Hilgard Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard.
- Venice Beach @ Muscle Beach: Covers an area extending from East Market Street including Venice Skate Park to as far as 24th Avenue. The area’s North/South border includes Pacific Avenue to the North and Ocean Front Walk.
- Abbot Kinney East: Covers the area from Abbot Kinney & Santa Clara Avenue, East to Venice Boulevard, Rialto Avenue North to Santa Clara Court, California Avenue/Electric Court.
- Abbot Kinney West: Covers the area from Abbot Kinney & Main Street, East to Santa Clara Avenue and Andalusia Avenue, Riviera Avenue North to 6th Avenue and San Juan Avenue to the South.
- Cheviot Hills: Covers the boundaries of Cheviot Hills HOA from Putney Road east to Beverwil Drive and Monte Mar Drive, south to Northvale Road.
- CCHOA-Cheviot Hills: Covers Queensbury Drive west to Club Drive & Forester / Birdlevale / Club Drive south to Manning Avenue.
- Hancock Park: Covers the entire neighborhood bordered by Melrose Avenue to the North, Wilshire Boulevard to the South, Highland Avenue to the West, and Rossmore Avenue to the East.
- Windsor Square: Covers the entire neighborhood bordered by Beverly Boulevard to the North, Wilshire Boulevard to the South, Rossmore Boulevard to the West, and Van Ness Avenue to the East.
Silverlake and Highland Park
- Sunset Junction: Covers both sides of West Sunset Boulevard from Edgecliffe Drive to Manzanita Street.
- York Boulevard: Covers the area of York Boulevard from North Avenue 49 to North Avenue 53 in Highland Park.
Downtown Los Angeles
- L.A., Inc.: Covers a large area in downtown Los Angeles bordered by Temple Street, Broadway Avenue, 9th Street and the Harbor (110) Freeway.
- Historic Core: Adjacent to L.A., Inc. area in downtown Los Angeles, bordered by 2nd Street, Broadway Avenue, 9th Street and Los Angeles Street.
- South Park: Adjacent to L.A., Inc. area in downtown Los Angeles, bordered by 9th Street, Broadway Avenue, and the Santa Monica (10) and Harbor (110) Freeways.
- L.A. Fashion District: Covers an area extending from two blocks South of the Santa Monica Freeway (10), to as far North as 5th Street. The area’s East/West border includes both sides of Spring Street/Main Street to the West and E. 11th Street / Central Avenue / E. 18th Street to the East.
- Arts District: Covers an area of downtown Los Angeles bordered by 1st Street, Alameda Street, 7th Street and the L.A. River.
- Little Tokyo: Covers an area of downtown Los Angeles bordered by Temple St. to 3rd / Boyd St. & Omar St. to 4th St. and Los Angeles St. E to Alameda St.
Antelope Valley Adjacent
- Acton: W. Ave V. located above the 14 north to Mattox Canyon south, Soledad Canyon Rd. / Agua Dulce Canyon Rd. west to Quirk Rd east.
SOUTH L.A. & SOUTH BAY
- San Pedro Business District: Covers all properties along the North and South sides of 5th, 6th, and 7th Street between Pacific Avenue and Palos Verdes Street.
- San Pedro South: Covers all properties along 13th St. to W. Paseo Del Mar / Point Fermin and S. Alma St. to Terminal Island / Nimitz Rd.