FilmL.A. just received notice that construction associated with the ‘Main and Spring Forward Project‘ began this week and will continue through September 30th, 2018.
During this time, requests for production activity on Spring Street that include posting, lane closures and/or exterior activity will need to be reviewed and approved on a case by case basis.
Additionally, on September 22nd and September 23rd, the Bureau of Street Services will be resurfacing Spring Street between 3rd and 9th Streets. As a result Spring Street and any adjacent streets that utilize Spring Street as a primary detour be closed.
Please take note of the timeline listed below:
- Week of September 10– LADOT crews and contractor will remove existing striping on Spring St between 3rd St and 9th St, and begin marking out and installing new striping.
- Weekend of September 15 and 16– Bureau of Street Services (BSS) crews will do spot repair of the concrete area on the east side of Spring St between 3rd St and 9th St.
- Week of September 17– LADOT crews will finish marking out the new striping and begin installing the new striping on the concrete portions of the street.
- Weekend of September 22 and 23– BSS crews will resurface the asphalt area on Spring St between 3rd St and 9th St.
- Week of September 24– LADOT crews will finish installing the final striping, signs, K-72 delineators, etc. LADOT contractor will install new traffic signal controllers, cut detector loops, and activate bike signals in conjunction with striping.
For questions about filming on Spring Street during the project period or for answers to general production related questions, please contact FilmL.A.’s Production Planning team at 213-977-8600.