FilmL.A. continues to work with City and County partners to bring free summer entertainment to local neighborhoods!
FilmL.A., in partnership with the offices of the Los Angeles City Council, local Neighborhood Councils, community organizations and the film industry has worked to help bring free outdoor movie screenings to neighborhoods throughout Los Angeles. Taking many forms, such as film licensing fees, projection equipment rental and setup, and refreshment and raffle prize donations, FilmL.A.’s support for these events is designed to thank residents for their film-friendliness and remind them our 24/7 troubleshooting services.
Here are some of the areas FilmL.A. has worked with in the second half of the summer:
- In Councilmember Cedillo’s District, FilmL.A. sponsored screenings of The Goonies, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 and Up, among others. Screening locations included Highland Park Recreation Center, Normandie Park, How and Peace Park, Pico Union Vest Pocket Park, Rampart Park, Hoover Triangle, Glassell Park and the La Curacao Parking area in the Pico/Union area.
- In Councilmember Kerkorian’s District, FilmL.A. sponsored screenings of Rocky, Babe, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Screening locations included North Hollywood Park, Beeman Park, Jamie Beth Slavin State Park, and Vineland Rec Center.
- In Councilmember Kortez’s District, FilmL.A. sponsored screenings of Mulan for the second half of the summer. Screening locations included Palms Park and Hesby Elementary School.
- In Councilmember Bonin’s District, FilmL.A. sponsored screenings of The Sandlot, Brave and E.T. Screening locations included Westchester Recreations Center, Culver Slauson Park and Oakwood Park/Venice.
- In Councilmember O’Farrell’s District, FilmL.A. sponsored a screening of Chinatown in Echo Park.
- In Councilmember Buscaino’s District, FilmL.A. sponsored a screening of The Book of Life. The screening location was Wilmington City Hall.
There are still additional screenings scheduled in September and October. If you’d like to be informed of upcoming FilmL.A. sponsored screenings, make sure to follow us on Facebook.