FilmLA was today informed that effective July 1, 2019, the County of Los Angeles Fire Department (LACoFD) will increase the hourly pay rate for Fire Safety Advisors (FSA) from $52.70 to $55.14.
Existing criteria will remain in effect regarding FSA assignments, including:
- All job assignments are scheduled for a minimum of four hours per day. Time-and-a-half rates apply after an eight-hour day and double-time is received for jobs that last 12 hours or longer. Daily overtime provisions apply as specified by California law.
- Hours worked shall be continuous from call-time to wrap, with no split shifts or deductions for meal times.
- Once an FSA has been assigned to a production, the production company is responsible for the four-hour minimum rate. Cancellation of an FSA assignment requires notifying the FSA Dispatch Center at (562) 806-5585, by 12 p.m. one business day prior to the end of production.
- FSAs shall receive meals at no cost to the FSA.
- FSAs are former County of Los Angeles Fire Department employees and are not covered by the Los Angeles County Fire Department Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
Thank you for your attention to this important notice. For questions about filming-related fees or to determine which City and / or County fees apply to your upcoming filming plans, please contact FilmLA’s Solution Services team by calling 213.977.8600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo: Josh Steichmann / Shutterstock.com