The City of Los Angeles and the LAPD Contract Services Film Unit, which serves as permit authority and approving agency for filming in the City, have notified FilmL.A. that beginning on Monday, February 26, 2018 and continuing for at least 30 days, LAPD will no longer assign resources to review and approve late applications for permitted filming.
Because of this, production companies are required to submit applications in full accordance with standard City processing timelines. Permit requests received later than the standard deadline will be declined.
Applications requesting permission to film in the City of Los Angeles must be filed by 2 p.m., at least 3 business days prior to the first day of proposed filming activity. These deadlines also apply when adding locations to existing permits.
Schedule for Permit Applications:
- To film on SUNDAY, submit application by 2 p.m. Wednesday of week prior
- To film on MONDAY, submit by 2 p.m. Wednesday of week prior
- To film on TUESDAY, submit by 2 p.m. Thursday of week prior
- To film on WEDNESDAY, submit by 2 p.m. Friday of week prior
- To film on THURSDAY, submit application by 2 p.m. Monday of same week
- To film on FRIDAY, submit application by 2 p.m. Tuesday of same week
- To film on SATURDAY, submit application by 2 p.m. Wednesday of week prior
**The schedule above supersedes all past/current LADOT guidelines for posted parking.
Permits with Exceptional Activity (special effects, gun fire, explosions, etc.) require additional review and should be applied for as soon as possible, by 2 p.m. at least 4-8 business days prior to the first day of proposed filming activity.
If you have any questions regarding permit application deadlines or any other topic, please contact FilmL.A.’s Production Planning team at 213-977-8600.