Effective July 1, 2021, a revised schedule of L.A. County Public Works fees for filming will take effect, as happens annually. Also, County of Los Angeles Beaches & Harbors will apply new rates for lifeguards when required to oversee production. The revised fee schedules are as follows:
L.A. COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS: Road Fees
- L.A. COUNTY ROAD INSPECTION FEE: $387.00 / day (previously $378.00)
- ROAD APPLICATION FEE/ISSUANCE FEE: $176.00 (previously $172.00)
- ROAD ENCROACHMENT PERMIT PROCESSING FEE: $319.00 (previously $312.00)
L.A. COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS: Flood Control Fees
- FLOOD CONTROL USE FEE: $977.00 / day (previously $955.00)
- PERMIT ISSUANCE FEE: $142.00 (previously $138.00)
L.A. COUNTY BEACHES & HARBORS: Lifeguard (IER Group III) Staff Fees
- OCEAN LIFEGUARD: $70.41 / hour
- OCEAN LIFEGUARD (w/o EMT): $59.85 / hour
- OCEAN LIFEGUARD SPECIALIST: $150.69 / hour
- CAPTAIN LIFEGUARD: $189.88 / hour
- RESCUE BOAT CAPTAIN: $204.79 / hour
Please note that some of these fees are payable directly through FilmLA as a part of your permit application, where other fees must be paid by separate remittance to the appropriate LA County department.
For questions about filming-related fees or to determine which City and/or County fees apply to your upcoming filming plans, please contact FilmLA’s Solution Services team by calling 213.977.8600 or by email at email@example.com.