UPDATE 8/31/21: FilmLA, the City and the County of Los Angeles as well as the other jurisdictions we serve will be closed on Monday, September 6 in observance of Labor Day. Please see below for temporary changes to the normal permit deadlines. This notice will be removed once the holiday has passed.
Permit applications for filming on:
- Monday, 9/6 and Tuesday, 9/7 are due no later than 2pm on Wednesday, 9/1
- Wednesday, 9/8 are due no later than 2pm on Thursday, 9/2
- Thursday, 9/9 are due no later than 2pm on Friday, 9/3
Representatives from the City and County of Los Angeles, being each involved in the review and approval of incoming applications to film, have asked FilmLA to remind all customers of the need to submit permit applications in timely fashion. Community notification and posting for street parking, among other permit elements, have very strict timing and fulfillment requirements.
Unfortunately, a recent increase in late applications has generated bottlenecks in the approval process. With production returning to pre-pandemic levels, even case-by-case consideration of late applications lowers the speed and level of service available to all other customers.
Please be reminded that FilmLA has been instructed to decline applications submitted too late for processing.
For lower-complexity shoots, permit applications must be filed in MyFilmLA by 2 p.m., at least 3 business days prior to the first day of proposed filming activity.
Minimum Processing Time for Permit Applications:
- To film on SUNDAY, submit application by 2 p.m. Wednesday of week prior
- To film on MONDAY, submit by 2 p.m. Wednesday of week prior
- To film on TUESDAY, submit by 2 p.m. Thursday of week prior
- To film on WEDNESDAY, submit by 2 p.m. Friday of week prior
- To film on THURSDAY, submit application by 2 p.m. Monday of same week
- To film on FRIDAY, submit application by 2 p.m. Tuesday of same week
- To film on SATURDAY, submit application by 2 p.m. Wednesday of same week
Permits with Exceptional Activity (special effects, gun fire, explosions, etc.) require additional review and should be applied for as soon as possible. Situation depending, we will need your application by 2 p.m. at least 4-8 business days prior to the first day of proposed filming activity.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter. If you have any questions regarding permit application deadlines or any other topic, please contact FilmLA’s Solution Services team at (213) 977-8600.