On Sunday, September 30th, 2018, CicLAvia is partnering with the LA Phil and Community Arts Resources (CARS) to host LA Phil 100 x CicLAvia. During the event roadways between the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Downtown Los Angeles and the Hollywood Hub & Stage on Hollywood Blvd. will be closed from 9am, with most streets reopening at 4pm.
Intended to create a stronger sense of community, CicLAvia closes streets for residents to run, walk, bicycle, or skate upon, limiting their availability for motor vehicles.
Here is a list of street closures to note:
- Grand Avenue between 1st Street and Wilshire Boulevard
- Wilshire Boulevard between Grand Avenue and Western Avenue
- Western Avenue between Wilshire Boulevard and Melrose Avenue
- Melrose Avenue between Western Boulevard and Vine Street
- Vine Street between Melrose Avenue and Yucca Street
(Highland Avenue with not be closed)
Filmmakers should be aware of street closures and crossing points along the event route and discuss potential conflicts with FilmL.A. when applying for permits to film in the vicinity. Even those not filming in the event area should take traffic impacts into consideration.
As always, FilmL.A. is available to assist you with filming logistics. Should you have any questions about how CicLAvia could affect your filming plans, please contact FilmL.A.’s Production Planning Team at (213) 977-8600.
For more information on the event itself, visit CicLAvia.org.