This upcoming weekend, Hollywood will host the 87th Academy Awards. Please be advised that a series of road and sidewalk closures will be in effect, the first of which began Sunday, February 15th. Closures will affect all lanes of traffic on Hollywood Boulevard between Highland Avenue and Orange Drive. Roads will remain closed until Tuesday, February 24th 2015 at 6 a.m. Below is a list of closures by date:
Sunday, February 15:
- At 6 p.m., the south sidewalk of Hollywood Bl. between Orange Dr. & Highland Ave. will be restricted to an 8-foot path.
- At 10 p.m the north sidewalk of Hollywood Bl. directly in front of the Dolby Theatre will be closed.
- At 10 p.m. the crosswalk on Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Orange will be closed.
Friday, February 20:
- Hawthorn Avenue between Highland and Orange will be closed.
Saturday, February 21:
- Orchid Street will close 60 feet south of Franklin Boulevard to Orchid Alley.
- Orange Drive will close from Orchid Alley to Hollywood Boulevard.
- The north and south sidewalks of Hawthorn Avenue will close from Highland to Orange.
- The north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard will close from Highland to Orange.
- The west sidewalk of Highland will close from Johnny Grant Way to Hollywood Boulevard. Johnny Grant Way will be closed from Highland to Orchid Street.
Sunday, February 22 (day of the event):
- Hollywood Boulevard will be closed from La Brea Boulevard to Orange Drive, and from Highland Avenue to Cahuenga Boulevard.
- Hawthorn Avenue will be closed between Orange Drive and La Brea, and from Highland and McCadden Place.
- McCadden Place will be closed from Yucca Street to Hollywood Boulevard.
- Wilcox Avenue will be closed between Sunset and Cahuenga Boulevards.
- Hawthorn Alley from Orange to Highland will be closed.
- Orange Drive will close from Hawthorn to Hollywood Boulevard.
- North and south sidewalks of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to 300 feet east of Highland will be closed.
- South sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard will close directly in front of the north-south running Hawthorn Alley.
- East and west sidewalks of Highland from Hollywood Boulevard to Hawthorn will be closed.
- East sidewalk of Highland will close from Yucca Street south to the alley.
For additional details about road and sidewalk closures for the 87th annual Academy Awards visit: http://www.oscars.org/sites/default/files/87o_streetclosures_map.pdf
For answers to general production related questions please contact FilmL.A.’s Production Planning Department at 213.977.8600.