This upcoming weekend, Hollywood will host the 89th Academy Awards. Please be advised that a series of road and sidewalk closures will be in effect for the event. Closures will affect all lanes of traffic on Hollywood Boulevard between Highland Avenue and Orange Drive. Roads will remain closed until Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 6 a.m.
Below is a list of closures:
6 Days Prior to Show:
Close Hawthorn Alley on the east side of the El Capitan Theatre from Hollywood Boulevard south 210 feet to “T” of east/west alley from 10pm to 6am Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
2 Days Prior to Show (Friday, February 24, 2017):
Close Hawthorn Avenue from Highland Avenue to Orange Drive.
1 Day Prior to Show (Saturday, February 25, 2017)
- Orchid Street will close 60 feet south of Franklin Boulevard to Orchid Alley.
- Orange Drive will close from Orchid Alley to Hollywood Boulevard.
- The north and south sidewalks of Hawthorn Avenue will close from Highland to Orange.
- The north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard will close from Highland to Orange.
- The west sidewalk of Highland will close from Johnny Grant Way to Hollywood Boulevard. Johnny Grant Way will be closed from Highland to Orchid Street.
- Close Johnny Grant Way from Highland Avenue to Orchid Street.
Day of Show (Sunday, February 26):
- Hollywood Boulevard will be closed from La Brea Boulevard to Orange Drive, and from Highland Avenue to Cahuenga Boulevard.
- Hawthorn Avenue will be closed between Orange Drive and La Brea, and from Highland and McCadden Place.
- McCadden Place will be closed from Yucca Street to Hollywood Boulevard.
- Wilcox Avenue will be closed between Sunset and Cahuenga Boulevards.
- Hawthorn Alley from Orange to Highland will be closed.
- Orange Drive will close from Hawthorn to Hollywood Boulevard.
- North and south sidewalks of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to 300 feet east of Highland will be closed.
- South sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard will close directly in front of the north-south running Hawthorn Alley.
- East and west sidewalks of Highland from Hollywood Boulevard to Hawthorn will be closed.
- East sidewalk of Highland will close from Yucca Street south to the alley.
For answers to general production related questions please contact FilmL.A.’s Production Planning Department at 213.977.8600.
Photo: Josh McConnell